Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to add / install addition epn to definity g3 r9

Status
Not open for further replies.

klamm49

Technical User
Oct 21, 2010
US
I am new with working on the Definity system. My back ground is over 20 years years with Nortel PBX systems, which I am fairly well versed with installations and maintenance.

I would like to install an addition EPN to the the Avaya g3 R9 and would like to know the step by step installation and configuration procedure to achieve this. I was told there was an EPN cabinet installed at a location about 5 miles away, which has been removed. However I believe the fiber connection remains in the main system. I am not sure what I need to look at to configure or determine if the old link remains intact in the main system.

This installation I am planning will be connected via fiber approximately 300 feet away from the PPN. I would like to, if possible to bring this up without bringing the main system down or affect the main system in anyway.

The PPN is a G3 R9 which is also connected to an infinity voice-mail.

I have an EPN cabinet and would like to know the required cards, interface hardware, slots locations, and the AC power requirements for this installation.

I appreciate any guidance, documantation, tips, and/or assistatance with this.

Thanks in advance

The Avaya support website should be your first stop for documentation. Start HERE for the manual on Installation and Maintenance for
Survivable Remote EPN.

Susan
You can have it all. You just can't have it all at once.

Is this a direct connect or a center stage? It is not a hard process. I can help walk you through what needs to be done.
bhanson184@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back