Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to add field to repeating group in Reports 9i??

Status
Not open for further replies.

navrsalemile

Programmer
Feb 6, 2005
CA
Hi,

I changed SQL query by adding additional database column in select list.
I selected parent frame in report layout and created a new field for this new database column. The field was added with no problem, but in Navigator it was placed under Margin, not under Repeating Group which I selected first!?

In the layout it is placed where it should be but in Paper design I get error REP-1213 (frequence below its group...).

This is a mistery, whatever I try it puts it under Mergin instead of repeating group.
What is the correct way to place a field under the frame using cut/paste etc.?

Make sure youre in the page view of Reports and that your new field is within the boundary of the correct repeating frame. Then use 'move backwards' several times until you get a message that the field cannot be moved behind its holding container, or similar message.

What is page view of Reports? I have Paper Layout and Paper Design view only.
How should I 'move backwards'?

thanks,

View the layout model so you can select the item in question. Then, if I recall correctly, use F8 to move it backwards. Have a look along the menus as I cant remember which menu the option falls under.....

Go to the repeating frame you want to add the field, then click on one field, copy and past it. This will create the same field you just copied from. Then double-click the new field to open the property sheet. Change the Name and the field source name. Move the field to desired position. Walah! you have your new field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back