Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to add an FXO trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvayaRedDude

IS-IT--Management
May 19, 2014
US
Hi all,

I struggle with Cisco IOS/IPT, and everywhere I go it seems to result in redirecting to other URLS or people just ripping and pasting vague info from other sites instead of just replying and dealing with a direct question.

I would like to understand how can I add an FXO/analog trunk (US/uLaw) to a Cisco CallManager Express. I'd like the CCME to take the call immediately ring a bunch of Skinny sets and forward a no answer call via a SIP trunk on an Asterisk virtual machine providing voice messaging.

The dial plan is the 2000 range to be used for extensions
4000 would be the voice mail range (or probably 42000 as dummy extensions perhaps)
8+ 7 digit dialing for local
8+1+10 digits for LD.

What I need assistance is how to tell the IOS router the right things for it to work. As you can tell by my handle, I come from the Avaya/traditional world. This cyber world of telephony is just a bunch of jargon and lack of clarity of "you could do this" instead of "follow these steps."

BTW: per to corporate policy, I cannot dump configs (nor should that be encouraged to begin with.)

Are you trying to add a POTS line to an existing, working CME config or are you starting from scratch?

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice
TVOICE
CAPPS

From scratch.

(I've gotten familiar to the x2102 command function after failed attempts to get it to work properly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back