Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Adapt Bound Forms to Function in an ADP

Status
Not open for further replies.

charle525

MIS
Jul 18, 2003
US
I recently used the Upsize Wizard for the first time, creating an ADP project. The tables and queries were upsized to tables and views or user-defined functions and I was able to fix any that weren't upsized correctly. My problem is with my forms which are bound to queries (views or user-defined functions now). When I try to insert new data into them, I get errors like: "this record has been altered by another user . . . do you want to save?" A record ends up getting saved to one of the tables in the query but not the other.

Are there any general rules I may not be following as far as binding tables in an ADP project to views or functions? Most of what I've read has said they should upsize fine and function properly. Any other ideas? Thanks.

It sounds like you may be using dynasets in Access which can update mulitple tables. In ANSI SQL like sql server only 1 table can be designated in an update statement. You need to define which table is being updated.

I'm not sure if I'm following your post.
So, is there any way to update multiple tables via one bound form? Or, must I use an unbound form and write my own Inserts?

As far as I know, only 1 table can be updated per bound Form. There can be multiple tables joined in the select statement, and the "unique table" property will identify which table to update. Another alternative is to use subforms for the many side of the join.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back