Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to activate hyperlinks when emailing report from server

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtl2302

Technical User
Apr 12, 2007
Business Objects Enterprise XI
Crystal Reports XI

How can I activate the hyperlinks when choosing to set the destination as email on a scheduled report? I can set up the report as scheduled, and cab add the viewer hyperlink to the message body. However, when the recipient of the email clicks on the hyperlink, including myself, the system is asking for a logon. Then I the screen turns to the Business Objects logon page. After entering username and password I get the following error:

Active Directory Authentication could not log you on. Please make sure your logon information is correct. If your account is in any domain other than "xxx" you must enter your user name as DomainName\UserName.

I'm pretty sure the server administrators need to activate or set something up, but if anyone can point me in the right direction, I can at least tell the IS team what they would need to do.

Thanks in advance.

In the Central Management Console there is an Authentication Link under which there is the ability to extablish 4 type of user authentication. There is Enterprise (BOE's own security), LDAP, Windows AD or Windows NT.

The online help and the BOE XI R2 Administration Manual has clear instructions on how to configure each of the above.

Essentially Users need to be members of groups and then these groups mapped to BOE XI via this authentication screen. Once the Groups are mapped, when a user attempts to login or click a URL link to a report, they will receive a logon screen and they will be required to enter their credentials in order to logon successfully.

Single Sign on can be configured in addition to the authentication type - see the online documention for Single Sign on configuration. With SSO configured, users are not required to authenticate and by clicking on alink in their email, they are seamlesly logged on and the report displayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back