Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to achieve double key entry verification with MS Access?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kentuckyfan

Technical User
Mar 16, 2004
US
Hi:

I'm normally a server admin so please pardon my ineptitude regarding MS Access. I have read through other MS Access threads and FAQs in Tek-Tips and haven't found quite the answer to my problem. Here is the background for my question:

We are trying to implement a double key entry verification (or re-key) system such as that found in professional data entry organizations. The frontend and backend must both use MS Access 2000.

The situation calls for one person to enter data into an MS Access database. After all data has been entered by this first person, a second person will re-enter the same data in a second database. Both databases are then compared for verification purposes.

I know that after data entry is complete, we can then run a program or script to compare both databases for errors. Under normal circumstances, this method would be perfectly acceptable. However, with over 1,500 records per person, per day, correcting the errors by using this method would be extremely time consuming.

Therefore, I'm looking for a solution to code an MS Access frontend that can immediately note the differences between two seperate databases once the data is entered by a second person. In other words, a more real-time solution.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Hi

I have done this before, where the errors were flagged to the verifier, corrected and reverified.

Regards

Ken Reay
Freelance Solutions Developer
Boldon Information Systems Ltd
Website needs upgrading, but for now - UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back