Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to access Visual FoxPro Tables/Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

CecilChampenois

Programmer
Aug 5, 2008
US
I am trying to access Visual FoxPro tables and databases via the setup in ColdFusion Administrator page and cannot seem to figure out how to do it. Also, there is no option for Visual FoxPro tables as a driver in the CF Administrator.

Has anyone had experience setting up FoxPro of Visual FoxPro tables or databases in ColdFusion?

You need to setup an ODBC data source on the server and reference that.

Lyndon

---People Remember about 10% of what you say ---They never forget how you made them feel. Covey

Visual FoxPro ODBC connections are no longer supported by Microsoft or included in the MDAC. You may have to look for the OLEDB provider. See for details.

Phil H.
Some Bank
-----------
Time's fun when you're having flies.

I have the Visual FoxPro driver and even made a USER DSN in the ODBC area, but it still won't work.

Try a machine DSN.

Phil H.
Some Bank
-----------
Time's fun when you're having flies.

I created a System DSN called Customer and it accesses the Visual FoxPro Driver which is installed on this workstation. I just don't think that ColdFusion will work with Visual FoxPro. Here's what happened when I tried to run my CF code:

Error Executing Database Query.
No suitable driver available for Customer, please check the driver setting in resources file, error:

The error occurred in C:\Inetpub\ line 10

8 :
9 : <!--- Get Customer list from database --->
10 : <cfquery name="customer" datasource="customer">
11 : SELECT CustNo, Customer
12 : FROM Customer

SQL SELECT CustNo, Customer FROM Customer ORDER BY Customer
DATASOURCE customer
Resources:

* Check the ColdFusion documentation to verify that you are using the correct syntax.
* Search the Knowledge Base to find a solution to your problem.

Browser Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.11) Gecko/20071127 Firefox/2.0.0.11
Remote Address 127.0.0.1
Referrer
Date/Time 08-Aug-08 08:15 AM
Stack Trace
at cfcustomer2ecfm1607591702.runPage(C:\Inetpub\
java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver available for Customer, please check the driver setting in resources file, error:
at coldfusion.server.j2ee.sql.pool.JDBCPool.createPhysicalConnection(JDBCPool.java:627)
at coldfusion.server.j2ee.sql.pool.ConnectionRunner$RunnableConnection.run(ConnectionRunner.java:67)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back