Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to access selected text from from an html page

Status
Not open for further replies.

paraic

Programmer
Mar 5, 2002
US
When I d-click and select text on a web page or on an e-mail page I need to access that selected text in a VB program? (I could perform a mouse right click and copy it to the scratch pad, and on a fast timer keep checking the scratch pad, but this is not very satisfactory.) Any ideas?
Thanks,
Paraic.

as you mention, a persistent clipboard listner has some aggrevating side effects now and then....

but with only a little more pain you could copy from the source and paste to a waiting vb program.

I have some programs that work this way and have a PASTE button on the form that does the right stuff when clicked.
Not great...but for my purposes, its not much problem, but if you find a good solution, please post.

Thanks dsb. I can do the persistent timer thing which then issues a Sendkeys "^C" to do the copy/paste because I have my own VB Browser module. (Your idea of the command button to kick off the processing routine would get rid of my persistent listner.) All this works fine because the Browser is part of the same program. Is it possible for me to direct the Sendkeys to anothyer open program such as MS Outlook Express?
Again, many thanks.

You can direct Sendkeys to other apps
(I always hold my breath and cross my fingers when I do it)

check out the AppActivate command. It makes the designated the application the keyboard-input-focus.

dsb, looks like a winner. Will attempt. Thanks a million. P.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back