Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to access Lotus notes mail from the web

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidneynzioka

Technical User
Dec 4, 2003
KE
Hello,

I would like to configure my Domino server to allow users to be able to check their mail from the web. I am currently using ver. 5.0.6 for the server and the clients are using ver. 5. I also have a firewall in place.

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Regards

tuskerbaridi@yahoo.com

Hello,
We use 5.0.11 servers and connect to iNotes via the Web with RSA Authentication.

What type of Firewall are you using? I can try and help if you like.

Rgds,

John Judge

Two questions :
1) does the server run the HTTP task ?
2) can users use browsers on the local network to connect to their mailbox ?

I am supposing that the server is running the HTTP task, so the only real question is whether or not the clients connected to the local network can access their mailbox or not.

First, be sure to have your internet password configured in the Person document.
Second, in the browser, you need to type the IP address of the server, plus the path to the mailbox, like this :

server_ip/mail/dbname.nsf

Normally, when the browser sends this request, the Domino server should return a logon screen. Type in your full hierarchical name and password and you should be okay.

If the above works on the local network, then it should work from the web, barring any quirk in the firwall permissions. If not, you need to resolve the issue locally before you can hope to do it from the web.

Pascal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back