Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to access CP from behind firewall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nerbonne

Technical User
Dec 11, 2006
US
I apologize ahead of time if this is in the wrong spot, but I wasn't clear where to put it.

Ok, here is the scenario:

I am behind a work firewall.

I don't know what outgoing ports are open except that websites on port 80 will work, any sites on a non standard port will not.

My control panel port is
Traditional proxies do not work for accessing the url.

I know how to change the port using the iptables method mentioned elsewhere on this forum.

My problem is that I can't find a port to put it on that will work with the firewall. Obviously, I can't put it on port 80 since apache is already running on that port.

Or could I put an IPtables rule that maps port 80 traffice for a certain IP or domain to port 8443? Any solution to this would be so awesome.

Thanks.

Does the router/firewall have HTTPS (port 443) open a/o forwarded?

P2E

No one huh?

Can anyone tell me how to modify the following command to route traffic on a certain IP:80 to port 8443?

iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 81 -j REDIRECT --to-port 8443

Using port 443 really isn't an option because it's a shared server and that would affect all the other sites.

I got it:

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp -d ip_here --dport 80 -j DNAT --to ip_here:8443

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back