Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to access a client machine natted from internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tristezo2k

Technical User
May 14, 2005
AR
Does anybody knows a clever ssh option to get a console in a
remote machine that is nated behind DSL with a cheap router without port forwarding option?

It seems to me that the user sould be able to run *something* in his machine to connect mine (that has a homologated internet ip) and I could run *other something* at my machine
to get that console for me.

Did anybody had this problem before?
Thanks in advance.
Sebastian.

I know in windoz :
your natted pc connects to the site (so it makes an outgoing connection). You connect to the site with your client to reach your server. I don't know if anyone did anithing similar in linux.
If you have a winzoz machine in your lan you can use logmein to reach it, and then ssh your linux.

I know this is a bit messy, but if you don't have port forwarding you need a site that makes a sort of bridge in your connection.

Hope this helped

If your machine outside the router is on a static IP you can run OpenVPN and the machine behind the router will seek you out.

D.E.R. Management - IT Project Management Consulting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back