Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How the hell download SP3?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjfbcn

MIS
Apr 19, 2006
ES
Hi, I've tried 5 times to download the SP3 of BAB and I get always the same error when it has downloaded 300 or 500 MB... connection closed by remote host.

I've tried through http at supportconnect and through FTP.

I would appreciate any advice.

Thank you!

Well, you should use an ftp client such as leechftp, or a download manager such as leechget.

I had the same problem as you...tried at least a dozen times to download the damn thing! Always got a time out from the remote CA server after downloading about 400MB. I even got a CA support call but they were not much help saying that they didn't have any problems downloading. I was only getting around 20-30KB where they said they were getting about 150KB and we are on a 2MB leased line!

I eventually got round it by using an FTP client. I already had leachFTP but that timed out as well. Instead I installed SmartFTP client and that seemed to happy downloading the masive file.

Good luck!

Thank you guys for your answers, finally I got it with leechFTP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back