Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How the get newest data on ev'ry call ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeintheBox

Programmer
Mar 27, 2002
DE
Hi there, I build an intranet-application to collect about 20 parameters for CR8.5 in a CE9.0-environment. Calling the report with this parameters works fine (with one exception - see the other thread). Calling the same report with the same parameters makes, that I get the same report - but with old data in it!!! I set the cacheserver to get new data within 1 minute or 0 minutes, it doesn't help. Changing one of the parameters (i.E. one additional Space in a textparameter) leeds to correkt data. but that is not a really workaround. What can I do?

Hi Joe. I assume you don't have the 'save data with report' option checked within Crystal Reports but you should double-check that. Also, check on the file / options/ reporting tab that 'refresh data on every print' option is checked (I think that's the wording, it's something similar to that.) Hope this helps!

Hi ellemae,
thx for the answer - but it doesn't help. 'Save data with report' - option is unchecked. the file/options/reporting-tab settings are settings for the CR-environment (there the problem not exists!). The problem only exists in the Crystal Enterprise environment, and there the only think is to say: Get new data on evry actualization. (or so - german environment *g*).
Using the Actualization-Button in the ActiveX-Viewer, the User has to type in alle the parameters again - or to cancel. Both reactions give new data.(Why ?)
But calling twice "viewrpt.cwr?init=actx&id=XXX&apstoken=" + Request.Cookies.Item("ePortfolio_logontoken") + "promtex-TEST='ABCD'" gives only the first time new data. On a second or third call CE uses the cache....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back