Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how te remove ie temp files trhough code on client 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ganjafarmerIT

Programmer
Jun 29, 2004
NL
Hi people, I was wondering how I could cleare the ie temp of a client connecting to my asp. Net web application trough code.

any ideas?

Probably a bad idea, and not sure the security model will allow it. If you cleared my browser cache without telling me first, I'd be very upset.

Chip H.

I just need to remove a few files cause security policy does not allow the users in this company to set the settings of ie to let ie check for newerbversions of a page. And that is giving me problems when I'm requesting a picture or converting to a pdf from crystal report.

Can you set the page meta tags to expired? That way the browser will reload the page every time.

Chip H.

Haven't tried that yet, hehe thanks for the tip m8, gonna try it and see if it works. I'll let you know how it worked out.

hm doesn't seem to be working, even though I set the response.expire to -1 it still seems to be in the cache:S

It worked out after all m8, I used the iis settings to add the expire = -1 header. That worked well. But adding it trough code in my application didn't have any effect really weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back