Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How set SELinux for LAMP, Nagios and Squid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ady2012

MIS
Jun 6, 2010
US
I need to set SELinux rules for LAMP, Nagios and Squid.
Anyone know how to SELinux rules for LAMP, Nagios and Squid?
Thanks for your help.

There should (already) be policy modules for each of these applications. If they are not installed / enabled by default you may need to do so manually.
This link discusses policy modules and how to enable and disable them. I would start here and then look for these modules and see if they are enabled. link1:
Second, this document goes into a lot of detail regarding troubleshooting with SELinux. While starting out, set your mode to permissive which will still cause exceptions to be logged but won't interfere with operations. You can then evaluate the AVC messages and even use the tool audit2allow to help evaluate a course of action.

Third, the gentoo documentation on SELinux is pretty good, including a discussion of roles, contexts, and what not. If you find that you are having problems, most likely it is going to be because your missing a component.

Actually I want to know which SELinux rules should I set when I ran apache, nagios and Squid?
I always disabled SELinux when I ran apache, nagios and squid.
Thanks for your SELinux link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back