Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How secure is ISA Server 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

garyb2008

Programmer
Apr 16, 2009
GB
We have a small office using ISA Server 2000, previously this was connected to the internet through another firewall provided by the business park we are at, but soon will be connected directly to the internet. Is this a high security risk given its age, with all patches installed, will it still give adequate protection until next summer when it goes EOL and we have to upgrade the small business server or is it a high risk that would need immediate attention. This is a standard office with no internet servers attached.

I would look at Untangle. You will need a PC with at least 1 gig memory and two NIC cards.
Don't waste your time with less memory.
Open Source.
Went to presentation weekend before last. Just so happens I had installed the product the week before.
Great product.
Changed from IPCop, which I think is also a great product, but heard so much about Untangle I made the switch.

If you have a spare PC with two NIC's and a gig of memory, I don't think you can go wrong.
Port forwarding is easy.
Prioritizing VoIP is easy.
Modules for Firewall, VPN, Intrusion Detection, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back