Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How run the macro faster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandy27kumar

Programmer
Aug 23, 2015
IN
Hello,
I have written a code to extract data from extra sessions to excel.I have coded with wait host by default for each navigation of screens and data, because it skips many data without that wait host. But the macro has to be quick and faster, can anyone guide me for this scenario.

Thanks in advance for your assistance,
Santhosh

Hi,

No code?

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

I know this is going to sound crazy, but if you are running windows 7. Goto the personalize screen from your desktop and change the windows color & theme to windows basic...

Our macros crawl on the default windows 7 theme. I don't know why, and it sounds really odd... but switching the theme to basic makes the macro go at least 5x faster. This is on a win 7 machine, with an i7 and 8gb of ram.

Try it out and see if it works.

Hey jrud, welcome to Tek-Tips on this your inaugural day. You might want to take some time to browse around and get a feel of what's going on here at Tek-Tips.

Do you use terminal emulators to interface asynchronous systems?

Skip,
[sub]

In the past I've automated a system called Powerterm, and now I'm working in reflections. In powerterm I would use DDE from access to automate the system, but now that I'm in reflections I'm using their built in VBA editor and reference library.

Along with those systems, I love automating internet explorer applications. From green screen, to excel it IE. Process improvements at every step along the way.

Great! Welcome!

Skip,
[sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back