Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How ro remove empty space in Details section?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikoch

Programmer
Feb 6, 2008
US
Simple report:
I have only 3 lines (records) of data on my details section and rest of the space is empty. My totals on the Page Footer so I have to scroll down to see totals.
How do I eliminate that empty space so my totals will be exactly under the data?
Thank you.

If you have any Group Footer's you can hide or suppress them so that the Report Footer is right after the Details line.

Otherwise I am not sure what you mean.

are the blank lines due to null values from the dataset? If so use a isnull formula in your suppression formula.

In your section expert, do you have the option to "Print at Bottom of Page" checked?

That option might be checked in your Report Footer section. Sorry I forgot to add that detail.

Th epage footer will always print at the bottom of a page, try placing your totals in teh report footer instead

HTH

Gary Parker
MIS Data Analyst
Manchester, England

to: DJWheezyWeez, GJParker

Yes, the option to "Print at Bottom of Page" checked in my Report Footer section and I do not have any options to unchecked.
What is "teh report footer"?

to: CoSpringsGuy
I have only 3 records in my table to select. What is "isnull formula in suppression formula" and where do I place this formula?

The page in design view will have the following sections

Report Header
Page Headeer
Group Header(s) if groups exist
Details
Group Footer(s) if groups exist
Report Footer
Page Footer

simply place your fields in teh Report footer section and make sure it isn't suppressed or hidden.

Gary Parker
MIS Data Analyst
Manchester, England

When I placed the fields in the Report Footer, I only got the last record from my 3 records.
Do you mean to place the detail fields or totals?

totals of course

Gary Parker
MIS Data Analyst
Manchester, England

Hi friends,

i have same problem right now.

i am getting blank space between Detail and Page footer section.

in section expert, page footer - option print at bottom is checked and uneditable option.

pls provide any sugggestion.

Thanks/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back