Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How ro get Main Report Value to be clickable for On Demand Subreport

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckwizard77

Programmer
Jan 8, 2003
US
I have a Main Report in Crystal 10. Inside the Main report there are columns of data that I need to display an ON Demand subreport if they are clicked on. Right now the Main Report works but the column values are not clickable and the sub report names are listed over the top of the Main report values. I tried just putting in a caption value of "" which makes the report names disappear but the column values are still not clickable. If I put anything in the caption for the On Demand subreport it becomes clickable and works fine, but I need to have the value in the columns be clickable. The report works fine in the Crystal Viewer but not via the web. I am using Classic Asp with the InteractiveViewer just in case I missed a setting. Does anybody have any suggestions????
I am pretty new to Crystal.

Yes - Right Click on the on demand Subreport and choose Format Subreport

Go to the Subreport tab on the top and find the option called On Demand Subreport Caption - find the X+2 button next to that option and click on it.

Then create a formula that will display the column value - whether it is easy as displaying a field or a Sum({field})

When the user clicks on it - the on demand subreport will process.

I hope this helps you

Cheers
paulmarr

I was able to do this by having the Summary value in a Group Header A and the Subreport in a Group Header B. Underlay Group Header A under Group Header B and have the On-Demand Subreport Caption formula (X-1) be " " (Put a space between the Quotes). By having the space between the qutes, it gives cursor something to click on.

I also made the Summary Value font color blue like a web link...it entices the user to click on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back