Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How reliable is the Outlook domino plugin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hokuto

MIS
Nov 2, 2006
US
Hey guys,

I work in a Lotus Notes only environment. I've installed the domino plugin for Outlook which works fine. For fancy notes though like with tabs and such it of course doesn't. I'm just curious how reliable this is, or if people have any experiences with it, without flaming me for wanting to use Outlook. Thanks.

I have used the connector with very mixed results. It was very inconsistent with the way it brought over mail/contacts/calendar entries. It esp didn't seem to be able to recreate my folder structure accurately.

We have a few people that use it, but I have never talked with a person who has used it without flaw. I am really hoping that Outlook 2007 has a direct means in which to connect to a Notes server.

Actually I can reply myself. Been using it for over a week now it's absolutely amazing, works flawlessly. Everything is perfect, folders, you name it. I still have notes though for the occasional message that uses all those fancy formatting things like tabs and such, but otherwise its soooo fast and 10000x better than notes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back