Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how re-execute reports in web...

Status
Not open for further replies.

omarmtz

Programmer
Nov 22, 2002
MX
Do you know how to re-execute reports againts datawarehouse, cause i have professional privileges, and the re-execute option in web appears disabled.

there's a web setting called re-execute against warehouse. It's under general in web preferences.

In addition to what nlim has said about checking the web preferences setting, there is a user editor setting you might want to check. We were just investigating this on our end. I'm guessing that unless you have a certain type of license (the full web professional - we apparently only have part of it) you can't get the re-execute against warehouse in web.

I found an additional setting in 7.2.2 desktop under the user editor interface. If I go into one of our administrators for example, I see the Web Professional list of priviledges, and under ours, I see "Web re-execute report against warehouse." It is, however grayed out, meaning unavailable.

Perhaps you can check this user editor setting in addition to the web setting.

Nate

Yes, i have the privilege, and check the option in the user editor, thanks. Nate..

Nlim, if i choose this option in the web, all the reports are going to be exectuted againts warehouse, or only if i choose the option re-execute against report in the report menu (the option will be available, but if a report is cached, it is going to be retrieved inmediately)??

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back