Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How Powerbuilder works with MySQL ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Japoneis

Programmer
Sep 3, 2003
BR
Hi, I have a middle sized application developed with PowerBuilder, connecting to a Sybase DB. I want to migrate to MySQL DB, but first I must find out if that´s worthy all the work.
I´m using PowerBuilder 5 Enterprise and have downloaded the latest MySQL and ODBC drivers versions. I already migrated some of the tables, with it´s data, from Sybase to MySQL. But when I tried to connect my PowerBuilder application to the MySQL DB I simply couldn´t find it in the ODBC configuration of PowerBuilder. The MyODBC driver is installed and properly configured (I think). I ran a test on Access trying to connect to the MySQL DB and it worked just fine. I really don´t know what´s happening when I try to connect from PowerBuilder.
If someone knows anything about it, PLEASE POST!!!

Any information regarding this issue is welcome.

Thanks...

Have you defined the DB profile in your PB ?
If yes then check all the fields , like catelog owner etc .
In SQL the table owner by default is dbo .
Best of luck ...

Thank´s, but I think I found the problem...
When I installed the MyODBC, PowerBuilder was already installed, and seems like PowerBuilder only get ODBC drivers during it´s instalation. So I had to fool around with it´s .ini file in order to make it recognize the MyODBC driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back