Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How Picky are you about SIP trunking

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobiledynamics

Technical User
Jun 4, 2008
US
Taking it down to the core basics -- QOS, Peering, LATENCY, how a SIP trunk would travel over the private network before getting to the local PSTN, etc. We're familar with data and looking at a couple of providers. One of the providers we know is strong with data, and a good amount of SIP based voice services and another we are looking at is really strong in the voice arena. (glbx vs. paetec).

I can't seem to find any L3 resellers that are not like huge wholesalers...we're looking for 11 sip trunks.

Being off-net (we're using our own bandwidth - linked back to our DC via internap. However, I would suppose being off-net....latency would be better with GLBX than Paetec at the end of the day ?

Anyone familiar with Paetecs network. I know they are great on the TDM side of things...

Paetec is so so with their TDM stuff. For example, I've had stellar T's in Miami and horrible T's in the NorthEast. As for the SIP trunking stuff, if you'd like shoot me a message at segment at tormenting dot net. I know of a SIP provider with three way redundancy using Verizon, Level3 and Global.

perl -e 'print $i=pack(c5,(40*2),sqrt(7600),(unpack(c,Q)-3+1+3+3-7),oct(104),10,oct(101));'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back