Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How not to ground any piece of equipment 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

jinxs

Vendor
Mar 28, 2003
US
I went on a service call today and found a fried combo card. The system stopped working after a thunderstorm the night before. I have seen many things over my past 28 years in this industry but never have seen such laziness as this. Maybe if the previous installer grounded the system correctly the system wouldn’t have been fried.

5CB7E11D-5CC5-4A0D-B624-3995B823076E_adptob.jpg

looks legit

-Austin
I used to be an ACE. Now I'm just an Arse.
qrcode.png

Yeah, that's really poor, and lazy...

Almost as lazy as "technicians" who cut the blue pair out of a data jack to use it for voice, or the other way around...

it's ok

I bet the power bar has the ground pin broken off so it can fit in a 2 pronged outlet

A friend once saw a British 4 way pin extension cord plugged in using a wire with a 3 pin plug at each end (plugged into one of the 4 skts).
j>st to add severe agony to almost certain death the cord was TV Coax!
(he chopped it into 3 cm lengths & handed it back to them with a v stern lecture)

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

ACSS

Cant say I have ever seen this before [rofl]

ACSS /ACIS

hmmm...now I have seen it all! at least until the next one! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back