Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How much data is being written to media and media space available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dansimmo

Technical User
Jul 8, 2008
GB
Hello,

I get job logs for each server that tell me how much data is backed up per server and per job total (there are quite a few of them!). There are three multiplexing jobs that run for the total job. Is there anyway to interrigate or report on the HP Ultrium LTO1 Tape Autoloader 1/9 to find out how much data has been backed up in total and also how much tape space is available?

Any help would be appreciated.

Dan

no way
the drive will report space remaining which is recorded in the tape log but it is based off native capacity. Compression throws the whole things off, different data compresses differently more less not at all.

best just wait for the tape to fill up and then you will know for the future how much date will fit on a tape.

reports --> media, I think will give the amount written to a specific tape, but that's from long past memory

Hi Guys,

the only way to find out is to create a report on this.
if you want to have more informations e.g. written to tape
you have to wait for ARCserve 12.5. comming very soon.

the ca guy

Great, thanks for letting me know uyildir.

How do i modify the default Threshold setting? I am running on a Windows Server 2003, AS Backup 11.5 ? I am getting getting error E3721 Unable to write to the media as the threshold specified on the system device is hit......EC=FS threshold hit.

I understand that the default is 80%, but as this is on a 14Tb device, 2Tb is still a large amount of space. I cannot seem to find instruction on how to modify the default. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry, I just realize i accidently posted to this thread, instead of creating a new thread. I have correctly started the new thread, please send all replies to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back