Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How many users can my servers support?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovoltage

IS-IT--Management
Dec 5, 2001
US
I have 3 quad processor(1Ghz) boxes with 2 Gb of ram. I am publishing(seamless no desktop publishing at all) two custom 32 bit apps, operating system is nt4.0 terminal server. I have done the math as far as memory goes, but i was wandering if their was an industry standard for how many users can be hosted on a server before a serious latency in response shows up. I understand their are a lot of variables being left out, but i am really looking for a generalized answer from the field. Thanks in advance,

The only accurate answer can be found by performing your own benchmarking. I can, however, tell you that on our Dual 750's with 1GB Ram running 1 FULLY 32-bit application we see upwards of 60 concuurent connections without seeing any performance degradation. This is not to say that we do see a hit after 60 users. Rarely do we exceed that # of concurrent connections becuase we have the app load balanced. But, you said it yourself, there are TOO MANY variables. Your best bet is to test it yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back