Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How Many TSAPI Licences I need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fmoraes

Technical User
Aug 24, 2015
BR
Hi there!

It is a very difficult matter to me.

I am using Avaya CM 6 with AES, and my recorder is Impact 360 Verint.

Now, I have 1600 TSAPI Licences and they say I need to buy more.

I have:
Skill - 736
IP Sets - 500
Agents - 500 (at the HMM)
conector - 150

They told me I need to have the sum of this, or 2071.
Do you think they are correct? Because to me, I dont´t need to have 1 to 1 for each item.
Is this true?
PS: The connector is middleware that makes pop-up screen for the agents. When the call was indentified in IVR, the connector send the data of the call (name, Id, address, etc) in a pop-up screen.

All of my calls are recorded but sometimes, we don't have the information about skills, agents... And the Verint vendor told me I need to buy more TSAPI. But in my mind, the use of this licenses is not "allocated" but "on demand".
I don't have all the agents talking in the same time ever. Mainly in the connector because they just send the data and (in my mind) leave the license.

Please, any help will be welcome.

You can see in AES how many licenses they are using and peak usage.

It kinda depends how everything is setup.

Usually an application monitors the device so the TSAPI license is always used.
On the other hand one extension shouldn't use more than 1 TSAPI even though several application monitors the same extension.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

janni78's

You said that tsapi license is alwaays in use.

So, for example, when A call comes to my IVR and, after identified its ID, the call was sent to agent.

Until the end of call, I am using a TSAPI license to monitor the agent, one to monitor the set, another to monitor skill (for recorder) and another pop-up the front-end.
That is it? Am I still using the licenses until the end of call?

TSAPI licenses aren't call based, they are used to monitor an extension.
That means if an application what's to monitor an extension it uses a TSAPI license regardless if the phone is off-hook or not.
TASPI is used to control and get events (status) on an extension.

For the actual call recording it would use a DMCC license, unless the application is trusted by AES in which case it wont need a license.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back