Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how many service pack do i need to install?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rargi2002

Programmer
Mar 21, 2002
AR
i would like to know how many services packs do i need to install when i install visual foxpro 6.0

thank you very much for your time

Ramon

Ramon,

You only need to install the latest service pack. I believe the last service pack for VFP 6 is Service Pack 5.

Peter

This Miscosoft Visual FoxPro page lists the updates available for recent versions of VFP. Strangely, it's easy to find SP1 for versions 8.0 and 7.0 but doesn't seem to have SP's for 6.0, just some miscellaneous dowloads. Since VFP 6 has a reputation as being much more solid a product than versions 3, 4 or 5, strange that finding SP5 should be so hard... (forunately I have a copy downloaded a while back)

dbMark

dbMark,
I downloaded mine just a week or two ago, and it was not that hard to find. The thing is, it is not called VFP 6.0 SP5, it is actually Visual Studio 6.0 Service Pack 5.0 and applies to the whole Visual Studio (now my VB also shows on the About screen version 6.0 SP 5.0).
The link to the download page is

Stella

To be exact, you don't have to download the whole Visual Studio SP, if you don't want to, they come bundled in 3 versions:

* Full: 133 MB
* Visual Basic: 59 MB
* Visual FoxPro, Visual Interdev, Visual J++: 74 MB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back