Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HOw many records crystal reports can handle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brittoalexis

Programmer
Dec 16, 2001
IN
I had a doubt which pinches me a lot

I use oracle as my database. I fetch nearly more than thousands of records . But after a few time crystal report shows oracle error stating that unable to extend temp space system.

Its not an oracle error. So i want to know how many records can crystal reports can handle at a single time?

Thanks

I am pretty sure that this is an Oracle setting. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guide to using Crystal in VB
tek@kenhamady.com

I've worked with recordsets of 6.5 million records in Oracle - but it was a great big server with lots of room. You also need lots of space on your workstation to retrieve and process that volume but it does work-just be patient.

(I also filled up the oracle temp space once with an accidental cartesian join - but I'd prefer not to discuss that. After fixing the report processing time went from 80 minutes down to 1.5 minutes) Editor and Publisher of Crystal Clear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back