Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How many patients in recovery room

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbie0423

IS-IT--Management
Oct 29, 2012
US
Using Crystal XI
My report has a start time and an end time. I need to find out a grand total of how many patients are in a the recovery room at a certain hour. Paitient A can be in a bed for 1 hour at 11 while patient b can be in a bed for 2 hours at 11 and 12. The report is one row per patient.

I need the results to be

11:00 hour we had 2 people in the room
12:00 hour we only had 1 person in the bed

thanks for your help!

What data type are your In and Out Time fields?

What you're going to need to do is isolate the hour and group on it, then create formulas for the start and end time of each hour. But how we get there depeends on whether your times are Character or Time.

Isn't this the same issue as you posted in thread767-1715296?

Please do not repost the same question multiple times.

Charliy, I've looked at both threads and pmax9999 has given you the answer.

The problem is with your "Time" formula. What you need to do is use the Time command and then combine it with a date to assemble the details into a date-time field that Crystal can then handle neatly.

Display the raw data and converted data until you have it right. HELP from your Crystal should give you everything you need.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Crystal 2008 with SQL and Windows XP [yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back