Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How many FXS allowed behind a ATA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IamaSherpa

Instructor
Dec 24, 2015
IT
Hello, my tired memory tells me about a limit of FXS users could be connected via SIP through the same IP Address, is there any ?
Are there problem for the IPO to accept too many users with the same IP address, I mean blacklisted ?

Haven't heard about it, SIP dect systems register all users from the same IP and haven't encountered any issue with that.

How many are ports are there?

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

If it's a recent Server Edition system, there is a configurable IP Whitelist to prevent certain addresses being blacklisted. So you can add the address there, though with the obvious risk that you're disabling one of the hack attempt protection mechanisms.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

yeah Janni78 Iknow, but maybe because the Avaya IP Endpoint license gives that privileges, the ATA uses 3PTY ones. And sizbut I know too that SE option but the IPO500 which does not give that chance. The requested FXS are 12, all to be licensed of course, I supposed existing a limit of users connected via the same IPADDR, even if nothingh declared in the KB

SIP Dect also uses 3rd Party licenses if you don't use Avaya branded DECT, have systems with much more than 12 users on those.

If you run Monitor trace with SIP verbose it should say why it won't allow it.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back