Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How long should resynchronizing a mirrored disk take?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dougcoulter

Programmer
Mar 16, 2001
US
Hello all - I had to rebuild our file server OS yesterday. Separate from the hard drive on which the OS is/was installed, we have (2) 40GB drives that were mirrored within Server 2003.

Upon reinstalling Server 2003 on a new drive (again, separate from the mirror), the new OS recognizes the 2 drives as dynamic, foreign drives; therefore, I imported the foriegn drives, which succeeded. I then noticed that one of the 2 disks had some errors on it, which required a resynching of the drives. However; they have now been resynching for almost 24 hours.

Based on some searches, I have read that it is not a good idea to restart the server while in the resynching process (makes sense) - but I am not sure what is a reasonable amount of time for this process to complete.

Within Task Manager, there does not appear to be anything going on...

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks...

...Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back