Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How licence activation works ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

gesalo2004

Technical User
Sep 22, 2004
SA

Hello All,

We purchased eight licences of ACT premium ver.8, the supplier gave us a serial no. and an activation code in return when we gave him the installation codes because it was unable to activate via internet. The problem is we could activate only a single PC and does not accept additional PCs. What should we do since we paid for 8 licences.

Thanks in Advance
AKB.

Well not sure, We have paid the supplier for the licences he gave us only a serial no. and an activation code and told that is valid for 8 users and no documented licence so far its almost 2 months now.

Thanks.
AKB.

A reseller wouldn't supply an activation code. This can only come from Sage after you install the software and register it

Regards,
Mike Lazarus
ACT! Evangelist
GL Computing, Aust

Yes, it did come additionally from Sage too and it was identical activation code, but worked for single PC only, every additional PC is generating different installation codes therefore should we give all these codes back to supplier or sage to issue activation codes?

Additionally I wonder why can't I activate online it always gives me unable to connect to internet though I have admin access and network enabled internet connection.

Thank you.
AKB

The activation code will be different for each PC.

The on-line might be blocked by a firewall or he serial number might have been used before

Regards,
Mike Lazarus
ACT! Evangelist
GL Computing, Aust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back