Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How is the limit of workstations in a single domain workgroup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

danr19

Technical User
Aug 30, 2003
AR
Hi,

I have a Windows NT 4.0 network with one PDC and 3 BDC distributed in many Wan sites.

Day by day I've been joining more Windows XP Professional workstation and they share the same domain workgroup with servers.

I don't want to create a new domain for these workstations and do a trust relationship between them, because I'm planning to migrate in six months/ one year to Active Directory.

But now, I'm afraid if I reach a limit, I might have some problems. Besides, I haven't been able information about it.

So I'll really aprecciate if anybody gives me that information.

Regards,

danr19

when you say you have "1 PDC and 3 BDC" you are not in "Workgroup" mode any more but you are in "Domain" mode

which basically mean (in theroy) no limit to how many workstation you can add to the group (or domain we should call it)

AD is good, you can definitely get away without creating trusting relastionship if you have organization unit and controll people's life with it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back