Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How I do I speed up AD Logon off the LAN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

topgun72

MIS
Nov 12, 2002
US
We have laptop users that logon from home with their cached domain account. It is taking an extremly long time for the laptops to time out looking for the domain before logging in with their cached profile. Does anybody know how to speed this up?

Thanks!
TG

Hello...

Start > Run > GPEDIT.MSC

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Logon > Maximum retries to unload or update user profile

Enable that and specify a low number, i belive the defaul to be 50...hence the time it takes

Hope this helps.

Mark

Thanks for your response. I see this setting in Win2k but not XP. Do you know the XP equivalent?

Thansk again,
TG

I am assuming then that ur running XP home and not professional

I will have a look and get back to you...cause under XP Pro the same option is availiable

mark

nearly right the correct path to the above thread is

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > user profile > Maximum retries to unload or update user profile

"Work to live, don't live to work"

"The problem with troubleshooting is that sometimes it shoots back"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back