Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How I can to write wave files

Status
Not open for further replies.

pavvello

Programmer
Jan 26, 2005
PL
Hello everybody!
To begin with this post I'm sorry for my English, I don't speak in English very well.

I have one problem. I would like to save some music sample as a wave files and I don't known how.
Voice from the microphone I have store in array. What I must to do now? I use C++ in Borland Builder.

I will be so grateful to everybody for any suggestion in to resolving this problem ;-).

Well, this is probably not the most elegant or efficient way of doing things, but back in school I had a similar problem and solved it by looking up the .wav spec online and just writing samples to a file using standard io functions. It wasn't that hard to do, once I figured out how to keep track of the size of data and represent the samples the right way. Let me know if you're interested, and I can probably dig up some sample code. I have seen some libraries out there for C++ builder, but haven't used any.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back