Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how i can run my application and inhibit menu start windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

vfp5

Programmer
Oct 17, 2001
US
hi, i want run my application, but when the computer get on
in windows 95 or 98 or any windows, the programs start and only my programs works. no alt-f4, no taskbar, no windows key, etc. only in my application the user can shutdown the computer and the user only can works in my application.

excumese my english, thank

It could be done in VFP, but what possible reason could you have for wanting to? If you really do have a legitimate need for this, use a language with some power like Visual C++. Although, honestly, I can't imagine a legitimate need for this.

Question for you: Are you saying that when your application runs, the user should not be allowed to check his or her email? That seems kinda silly.

HI
In the forms property..select WindowType and set its value to 1. This will make the form modal. Probably this is what you are looking for.

:) ramani :-9
(Subramanian.G),FoxAcc, ramani_g@yahoo.com

i'm simulating a cash driver

Ramani, thank you, but i trying simulate a cash driver and i just want that my application only work in this computer; no windows, no other keystrokes. in MSDOS i can do IT.

THANK YOU

When you say 'cash driver' is this the same as what we mean in American English as 'cash drawer', i.e. just ringing up sales and collecting the money? It is rather hard to get windows to give up its 'thing'; enabling multi-tasking. And I suspect it would be breakable if the user really wanted to.

Dave Dardinger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back