Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How i can run many MsgBox'es simultaneously (in one time and in one screen several windows)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raikoho

Programmer
Dec 4, 2018
UA
I try it, but they always appears in queue. So, what i should to do?

Use a different language …

Sorry, sounds flippant but unfortunately VBS MsgBox is an implementation of the underlying Windows MessageBox API call which displays a modal dialog. And a modal dialog/window behaves exactly as you describe, by design. And it isn't something you can change in vbScript (in other languages you can effect a workaround by either a) calling MessageBox API directly with a few of the parameters tweaked or b) displaying a window you create that appears like a MsgBox, but doesn't have the modal behaviour)

strongm, so, it's impossible in vbs script?

In pure vbscript, yes.

However, as I say, there are workarounds. You can achieve option b from my previous post by embedding your vbscript in an HTA and call window.showModelessDialog rather than MsgBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back