Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how I can access uefa.com 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanPopescu

Technical User
Dec 25, 2004
CA
I am living in Canada
when I am trying to access uefa.com I cann't.
I have to input the ip address 213.130.44.134
from there I want to access video section. if I click on the link I have "this page cannot be displayed)
if I enter the IP address of video.uefa.com - 81.93.176.11 I have this message You were denied access because:
Access denied by access control list.
I have a user name and password bought from them for that page (also over there is a free area) but if the addresses don't work and only IP adresses what should I do?
Can anybody please help me?
Thanks

This isn't really an XP issue.... if you purchased a username/password from them, call them back and ask them why it doesn't work.

It really doesn't have anything to do with XP.

... unless someone has turned on the content advisor... but that wouldn't say anything about the ACL... that would pop up a content advisor warning.

Just my 2¢

"In order to start solving a problem, one must first identify its owner." --Me
--Greg

i would call them but they don't give even an e-mail...

Troubleshoot Situations Where You Cannot Connect to Secure Web Sites by Using Internet Explorer in Windows XP

This site also has some good thoughts on the issue:

You Receive a "Page Cannot Be Displayed" Error Message When You Post to a Site That Requires Authentication

Persistent DNS failure on WinXP Pro (dial-up)
thread779-931783

I live in Canada and I'm able to access uefa.com (Shaw ISP) with no problem using either uefa.com or or the IP addresses.

Have you ever successfully accessed the site by name?

Go to a command prompt (Start ->run, enter) and flush your dns (ipconfig /flushdns). Clear your cookies, temporary internet files, and history.

If still no joy the IP address of the video support page is 83.231.163.33. From there select any of the FAQ questions and then click "no" the the question "Did this answer your question?". Answering "no" will cause a system check to be run and then bring up a form for you to fill in and submit.

Good luck!

I have contacted finally UEFA.com and I send them this:

I am a subscriber of video.uefa.com I can not log anymore into the website if I am typing I have the following answer: Gateway Timeout The following error occurred:
Code:
 A DNS lookup error occurred because the request timed out during the lookup.  Please contact the administrator. 
So if I type [URL unfurl="true"]http://213.130.44.134/[/URL] the uefa.com page is loading Now when I press the video link ([URL unfurl="true"]http://video.uefa.com/video/index.html)[/URL] the same message appears. I have tried to use [URL unfurl="true"]http://213.198.96.11[/URL] but I have this message: Forbidden You were denied access because: Access denied by access control list. My internet connection is cable - high speed I live in Calgary Canada, shaw is my internet provider, I am using IE6, XP SP2 So can you please give me a solution how to be able to connect to video page of uefa.com? Thank you my username for video page is xxxx@xxxl.com Can you also please send the answer to my email address because in order to connect to this page I had to type [URL unfurl="true"]http://83.231.163.33/sys/en/request.asp[/URL] Also I tried to connect from several computers from work and from my friends and I have got the same problem so I don't think my computer is the problem Thanks again

Their answer was:

Dear Dan,

Thank you for your email, we are sorry to hear that you experienced problems accessing the web site. 
 We were not aware of any issues with the Website that would have resulted in the errors you experienced. 
Is this problem still happening for you?

Best regards, 

UEFA Customer Support 

And I answer that yes is still happening

In this way probably I will never see videos anymore from uefa.com
Anybody else has another Idea?

Thanks

Have a look through some of these and you will see it is quite a common problem. Have you been in contact with your ISP Support section? Did the machines that you also tried on also use Shaw?

Maybe UEFA just doesn't like Canadians. Do what I do (if you can) that is use ESPN and watch the matches live or record them on Video or DVD.

I wonder if System Restore might work for you? Have a look at these too.

There is a "Manage Passwords" section obtained via typing Control Userpasswords2 in the Start Run box. In the resulting window you will get to it via the Advanced tab.

See if there is anything mentioned in "Manage Passwords"?

Another thing you can look at is this -

306992 - HOW TO: Manage Stored User Names and Passwords on a Computer in a Domain in Windows XP

306541 - HOW TO: Manage Stored User Names and Passwords on a Computer That Is Not in a Domain in Windows XP

This next link talks about MTU problems.

Blank page on website
thread779-1032768

Maybe UEFA just doesn't like Canadians.

Except that I live in Canada, use Shaw for my ISP, and have absolutely no problems accessing the videos using XP Pro SP2 fully patched, IE 6.0 fully service packed and patched, and WMP 9.0 fully patched.

Cheers.

I don't know what to believe...
My friends from Calgary that have Shaw as the internet provider they cannot access uefa.com. Those that have Telus as internet provider have no problem accessing uefa.com
I spoke with a Shaw technical support representative and he told me that Shaw doesn't block anything. The guys from uefa.com say that canadians don't have any problems accesing uefa.com
So what should I do?
Thanks

Dan,

I'm in Victoria,BC and have no problems accessing uefa.com via Shaw.

Have you tried flushing your DNS, clearing your history and temp Internet files, and deleting your cookies? Just to elimate any of thsoe as being an issue.

We use Shaw at work so I'll try from there tomorrow. We also use advanced Internet security and pretty tight firewall settings so if I can access uefa.com from there I'd say it isn't Shaw related.

Also, have you tried adding uefa.com to your trusted sites. I didn't have to do it but...

Cheers.

Are you trying to access from behind a corporate firewall? Could be an url block set there?

Or even something you have set in your firewall at home?

Cheers.

no firewall; because from my work i can't access the site, my friends also they can't access it. everybody from Calgary that uses Shaw...

You could prepare a list with the details of who can and who can't access this site and submit it to both Shaw and UEFA. At least it may get them talking to each other and lead to a resolving of your problem.

Do you think they really care? I think not. I can send them 100 000 emails and lists.... I am nobody for them...

Maybe you are right, or maybe they are people just like you and me at the other end who might care? In either case, such a list would represent customers or possible customers, who also have contacts, you too, via this forum, each with a story to tell.

OK. I tried accessing uefa.com from work (Shaw ISP) from both an XP SP2 client, fully service packed and patched and from a W2K3 terminal server, fully service packed and patched with Internet Explorer Enhanced Security enabled. I had no problems on either. On the terminal server I didn't even have to add the site to my trusted site.

Two way out in left field considerations:

1. Do you have the Yahoo toolbar installed? Since the August MS updates this is known to cause issues with IE although you should be experiencing it on other sites, not just uefa.com.

2. Do you have a static IP address? I was accessing the sited through a static IP at work and at home. I don't see how this could make a diffence but its just a thought.

Cheers.

Can you ping uefa.com and video.uefa.com? Not pinging by IP but by name...

yes I can ping them

C:\Documents and Settings\Dan>ping uefa.com

Pinging uefa.com [213.130.44.134] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 213.130.44.134: bytes=32 time=162ms TTL=238
Reply from 213.130.44.134: bytes=32 time=152ms TTL=238
Reply from 213.130.44.134: bytes=32 time=151ms TTL=238
Reply from 213.130.44.134: bytes=32 time=157ms TTL=238

Ping statistics for 213.130.44.134:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 151ms, Maximum = 162ms, Average = 155ms

C:\Documents and Settings\Dan>Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]