Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How find corresponding port to STP blocked port?

Status
Not open for further replies.

activee

IS-IT--Management
Feb 8, 2006
SE
Hi!
If you have a couple of switches and there is two physical interconnection between say 2 switches. The STP protocol will block one of the port on one of the switches so that only on of the connections is used.

With dot1dStpDesignatedBridge you can resolve port - MAC-address of the designated bridge.

I have come so far that I know wich port that is blocked and wich switch that is connected to this port. So far so good. But I want to know the port number of this neighbour switch.

Is there any way to find out, using SNMP MIB primary, to find out the port that this blocked port is connected to!?

(If I use dot1dStpDesignatedBridge on this neighbour switch it only returns it's own BaseBridgeAdress on the port I know is connected to the blocked port.)

Would appriciate any help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back