Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How, exactly do i apply scripts to client computer in server 2003?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naahtec

Technical User
Apr 18, 2003
CA
I have been trying this for a long time now. For the time being i have AD setup and functional. I have a desktop client and a laptop client bothing running winsows xp that log on the the server

I have trouble applying a mapping drive script to the group policy.

I read many articles and how-to online and i cannot get it to work

I created an OU called 'admins' so that every one in the OU gets mapping to the roots of the hdds on the server

i right clicked it, press properities, and then go to group policy tab, in there i added a new policy called "map drive for admins"
in the group policy object editor window, i browsed to user config>windows settings>scripts
i double click on logon, in the dialog, i pressed "show files" and then copied my scirpt into the folder and then i pressed "add", located the script and then pressed ok

this should be fine right?
when i logon with my desktop or laptop, the script should work, but it doesnt.

ne suggestions?

The obvious... When you click Add, you need to enter the command line for your script.

Not so obvious... Logon scripts are for users and startup scripts are for computers. If you applied a logon script to a group of computers, it will not run unless you enable group policy loop back processing (applies GP user configurations to all users of this computer).

There is another policy to show logon (or startup) scripts that you should enable for debugging to see the script running on the screen. Add a pause to the end of your script and that will keep the output visable on the screen until you hit the any key.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back