Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how does Windows2k3 see lun volume using iSCSI initiator ? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

blade10

IS-IT--Management
Feb 2, 2008
US
I created a 100gb lun, and mounted the volume.. I then installed iSCSI initiator on my Window 2003 server and setup the ip for it, the discovery, target and the device/mount info pertained in the iSCSI initiator file... I also installed Snap Manager/Mirror as directed by IBM Support .. no problem so far.. at this point my question is -how will Windows see this 100gb space? in disk management do I need to run diskpart and massage this 100gb space so that it becomes native looking storage? or will it just allow it as basic disk space in disk management because of the use of iSCSI?

any thoughts on this would be so appreciated

blade

There are 2 options for this:
1. You install snapdrive software, this allows you to create luns (with partition on it), mount luns, take snapshots, enlarge,...
2. You don't use snapdrive, you create manually the lun, map it to the host, and then use the windows diskmanagement utility and scan for new disks.Here you can create your partition.

rgds,

R.

I'd go the SnapDrive route, it's a lot easier.

Snap drive was a breeze!

thx RMGBELGIUM and XMSRE

2 stars!

blade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back