Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How does the ldis work in LD 32

Status
Not open for further replies.

altolabado

Technical User
May 27, 2004
CA
How can I check for unused Tn's in Ld 32 what is the best way to check for analog Tn' sunudsed? and can I specify if unused in 20 days to delete or what is the time fram used in an Option 51c?
Thanks

ld 20
luu
not for unused sets, for non programed tn,
luvu
type=2000
does the same for dig sets.. no way to track analog usage history from the switch. dump cdr to a buffer then search for the ext number after 30 days, remember to have icda in you station class for internal calls. task someone to call all analog sets, the ones that never answer disu the stations. analog sets are a problem in any switch, if there jumpered to a pair no one knows if the jack is still there. i put names on my sets, it helps some but not that much.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Try making the sets that you think are spare into manual sets. If anybody tries to make a call the will go to the attendant, ask her to log these extns. If no calls after 30 days delete the extn.

Just don't go deleting elevator phones, 911 emegency phones, etc. etc. Of course those should all be documented and named appropriately, but I've seen cases where they weren't.

Arch

------
Site Surveys
SourceBooks
Security Audits
Traffic Studies
Remote PBX Backups

cls=mnl
ftr= hot d 4 xxxx

that analog now calls xxxx when it goes of hook, i have a trace button on my phone so when i get a call to me from a hot phone that is a modem that does auto answer, i can trace the call in one second, and put a name with the number.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back