Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How does one create a Text Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

beckerdo

IS-IT--Management
Mar 1, 2001
US
Hi,

I need to pos tthe content a various e-mails onto my site. Ideally I would like a list of the emails at the top with the message text appearing in the center of the screen in some sort of "text box" Is there a way to do this without using frames.

Thanks,

Doug

you could do this using set text of layer...which is in the behaviours panel. just type the title of your email at the top of your page or wherever you wish it to be.

Draw a layer which will serve as your text box wherever you want it to be...

Highlight your email title then click the "+" in the layers panel...select Set Text/Set Text of Layer...

in the dialog box that opens up select the layer that you would like to use and at the bottom put the text that you would like to appear...ie the body of the email. It can be formatted with HTML just like the rest of the page.

One downside to this is... It does not work in some older browsers...

It is a nice feature though.

Let me know if you need more help or if something I wrote seems amiss...(I am writing this completely from memory since I do not have Dreamweaver at work.)

Good luck! Ya' Gotta Love It!
sleepyangelsBW.jpg

Tulsajeff Thank!! I have to email;s that I want shown. I created two seperate layers and pasted the approprate text into the respective layers.

How do I link a phase in the case "Welcome Mark" in such a way so when I click it on mouse over it r something the layer with the approprate text is shown?

Thanks so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back