Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How does one copy W XP-Prof SP3. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

terrytype

Programmer
Jun 1, 2011
ZA
I have SP3 on a system. Having created a stand-by system with XP Prof installed I may be able to copy SP 3 to the 2nd PC using an adapter. How do I identify it on the Main system? How would I install in on the target system?

Old Man Delphi

I tried both options. Big red button does nothing. Automatic update refers me back to MS-downloads which takes me back to the red button. Being the reason I want to copy from my main PC.

Old Man Delphi

You need the SP3 installer, you can't just copy the files from the Windows folder of the main PC.

I don't know why the red download button doesn't work for you., You could download the installer from the link above on the main PC, and then copy it to the other PC and run it from there. Or maybe try a different browser on the other PC.

after clicking the download button, it takes you to a site to select an option, you have to change it to continue with download, the second option, then it will ask you to add other downloads like IE8, and malicious download removal tool, you can add them or skip it, and continue with download, I just tried it, and it does download.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back