Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How does one configer MS-Office 7 Outlook to see a router?

Status
Not open for further replies.

terrytype

Programmer
Jun 1, 2011
ZA
Having advanced from relying upon a landline and a modem to a router I am at a loss as to how to configure MS-Office 7 Outlook to “see” the router.

Anyone have any suggestions.
Thanks in advance.

Old Man Delphi

It's not the responsibility of Outlook or MS-Office to "see" the router. This is handled by MS Windows.

Duane
Minnesota
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP 2001-2016

Routers are not part of any Windows configuration. A Proxy server yes, but a router, no. If there is a router between you and the Internet, it's transparent to you. If its configured correctly, you will have Internet access. If it's not configured correctly, you won't.

If there is a proxy between you and the Internet, then that's configured in Windows. You have to tell Windows about the proxy you need to use to access the Internet. Once that's done you will have "Internet access" and whatever you need to do will work.

I didn't express myself properly My problem is with what do I replace the POP3 etc settings required by Outlook?

Old Man Delphi

terrytype,
How far did you get with your attempt? Did you get an error?

Duane
Minnesota
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP 2001-2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back