Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How does Essbase and Analyzer flow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

khansen97

Programmer
Oct 14, 2003
US
I am trying to figure out the process flow between Essbase and Analyzer. I have been told that if a user drills through a report, analyzer will chose which path to go, to either go to an essbase cube or to bypass the cube and go to the essbase integration server to get the data from the database.

Is this true? And if it is, can this programming be called by another outside program, such as Business Objects?

My understanding would be that essbase would make that decision. I may be way off. I have never used Essbase Cubes till this last Monday.

thanks.

If your report is set up to drill through to a relational db that contains for instance, details of the summarized data from the essbase cube, then yes it can do that.

I'm not familiar with Business Objects, but Essbase has a tool called Essbase Objects that will allow you to use the Essbase Integration server in the application you create in VB, VBA or ASP.

Essbase can be set up to "make that decision" if you want it to, but it must be designed to do that.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back