Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How Does DR1 add Extension numbers (DN's) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 25, 2017
US
I am working on a Nortel Norstar 4x8 with DR1 software. No passwords just the usual feature codes to enter the configuration and administration menus. I placed a new / replacement phone on the system it used the first available DN (27) in this case. I thought this might be because I placed it on port 7 first but no that is not it. I brought in another set. This became DN 28 even when I am sure I plugged it into port 2. Is there any way to get the original DN 22 back on port 2? Can sets be renumbered in DR1?

Thanks for your help,

Opie.

If I recall and it goes back 30 years DR1 has set relocation on permanently.

Marv ccna

Thanks Marv,

That does seem to be the case. That set relocation is on. If were to connect 8 phones on the system would the next set become 29 or would it revert to 22? Will the 4 X 8 continue to increment the DN's? I know this is an old, old system, but it is still in production. The problem is the set associated with 22 is defective. I can't get is to sync up with any available port even without any wiring.

Opie.

You either have a 3X8 or a 6X16 not a 4X8
If you have 8 phones and room for more than you have a 6X16

When you plug in a set it will take on the DN or that port you use.
Depenidng if a phone was plugged into the ninth port or not determines what DN it will take.
If a phone was never plugged into that port then it will take on X29
If it had a ninth phone at one time and it was relocated to port 15 then port 9 becomes X35

As for production there is no such KSU in production any longer as of years ago.

End Of Life:

Add me to LinkedIN

**New Allworx Forum**

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

I forgot about this:
"The problem is the set associated with 22 is defective. I can't get is to sync up with any available port even without any wiring."

If the set is defective then replace it with a working set, the new set will take on the DN of the defective set.

"I can't get is to sync up with any available port even without any wiring"
Not sure what you are trying to say.

If you want sets to be on their original ports then you need to re-cross connect the wiring.
Feature * 0 Intercom - to see the DN
Feature * 0 Intercom View - to see the port #

Add me to LinkedIN

**New Allworx Forum**

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

3232t450_h1b4jd.jpg
This is a 4 x 8 software cartridge notice how it creates a hollow space that the 6x16 fills. It is a 6x16 chassis but it only has the 4x8 DR1 software. If I continue to add sets will they continue to increment? The set relocation is enabled with this DR1 software.

Sorry to clarify when I said production earlier I meant in active use in the field. I am also used to DR5 and other higher NORSTAR releases where set relocation can be turned on/off. I can't find any place to turn off set relocation or renumber DN's. I expect to see the port be associated with a DN. This is the only exception I have seen. BTW the software cartridge part number is: NT5B11DA.

I am working on a Nortel Norstar 4x8 with DR1 software"

Better to say ""I am working on a Nortel Norstar 6X16 with DR1/4X8 software"

Thanks for clarifing what you actualy have.

Much like the CICS version where you can have software that restricts the amount of ports that are turned on.

If you have restricted sofware at 4X8 then will assume you can only have 4 lines and 8 phones so this would mean ports 9 to 16 will not boot the set up.

Once opened up with proper software then port 9 will be X29 and port 10 X30 and so on.

Add me to LinkedIN

**New Allworx Forum**

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Shut the system down, Place the sets where you want them. Example: Mary has a M7310 and wants ext 27. Once you're shut down move the jumper to port 107. Do this for all the others. When complete, do a re-install and tell them to stop moving phones around!

@MooreTel do I have to issue a Feature **startup command for everything to default back to 21 on port 1 22 on port 2 etc.?

That would work but why are you so concerned with DN's being put back on their original ports?
90% of Norstar systems out there on not on their original ports.

If you only have 8 ports then make sure you have 8 sets plugged in then do featuer * 0 intercom to see what set is what.

But what is the issue? why are we discussing this?

Add me to LinkedIN

**New Allworx Forum**

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

The customer has M7208 sets with three lines and two intercom buttons and handsfree/mute taking most of the programmable key space. So they don't have space on the phone to program speed dials on the remaining two buttons. This customer has been using DN 22 for several years. It would just seem to bee a difficult adjustment to make them change DN's just to replace a set.

Why don't you just use the System Programming - Change DNs feature to swap 29 and 22?

Dr1 I dont think you can.

Opie do a Set Copy or remove unwanted keys such as:
1 Intercom
Handsfree
One of the Lines

The rest of the keys besides the three above can be written over when you program an Auto Dial key

Add me to LinkedIN

**New Allworx Forum**

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back