Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How does Crystal store the query result

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRDTGuy

Programmer
May 9, 2003
US
In BusinessObjects the query result gets stored in a local database. I believe crystal creates list for each group. Can anyone confirm.

A list of what for each group?

To see the generated query, select Database->Show SQL Query.

Things like Crystal version and database matter, so in general post that.

I have a FAQ on passing SQL to the database:

faq767-3825

-k

I guess I meant that businessObjects takes the results of a query a loads a local database. Aggregrations are then performed against the local database.

I belived Cystal stores summaries in separate lists. BusinessObject is limited to the number of rows that can be displayed becuase it has to load this btrieve like database. I don't believe Cystal stores the query result in a db but just creates a list. Then subsequent summaries are stored in other lists

Crystal doesn't store a list, it executes the query against the database.

I'm not certain how Crystal keeps the returned data, but you have the option of saving it in the report.

Perhaps you should pose the intent of the question?

Are you trying to work out some architectural concerns?

I just went through a BO conversion of reports from BO to Crystal, replacing the proprietary BO Universes with Views on the database.

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back