Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How does CE8.5 perform as a workflow? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nord

MIS
Aug 5, 2002
US
Hi all,

I'm looking at re-writing some PowerBuilder reports in CE.

These are batch reports that run in the evenings.

CE needs to be smart enough to check for the completion of reports and if there is failure, to be capable of pausing while the failed report is re-run.

I need to be able to set other reports in the workflow to run in parallel.

I think the Event will handle alot of these requirements, has anyone run into a batch requirement that CE cannot perform?

Doug

Hi there,
I think the event component should cover this but one thing I learnt was that if there is a file to show that a batch has been completed, the event will only become active if the file has appeared.

So..if you had a file that was there first thing in the morning, as long as you only need to run your reports once after each batch run it should be OK.

I got over most of the little hurdles by careful usage of the NT scheduler and batch files. Sure there is a better way though!

Alec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back